Migrate data from previous academic year
To migrate to a new school year (2019/2020), data from previous year (2018/2019) must be copied.
- Open school settings
- Go to Groups, students and teachers
- Choose the next school year
- Press the button "Migrate student lists"
You will now be redirected to a pop-up window with a guide. Read the help page for description and press "Next".
Step 1: Move classes 1 class up
By pressing "Migrate student lists" (4 above), student data from the previous school year will be transferred to the new school year, where the students will be moved up one school year.
- Remove the selection of classes you do not want to move to the new school year, (e.g. the final classes). Check that the suggested names of new classes are right.
- The system suggests a new class name by adding "1" to the previous year's name. The name of the class can be edited directly in the list.
- Press "Next"
- Press the "Preform migration" button
The system will now copy the classes with students to a new academic year.
All data from the previous school year will remain in the system. This means that if you later choose to change your active academic year back to the previous academic year, the system will use the same structure that was in the system before the migration was executed.
Step 2: Check classes that have moved up a class
- Go back to Settings (1)
- select your school (2)
- Choose Class, students and teachers (3)
- Select the new school year
- Classes for a new school year will then be displayed
Importing students, guardians from Excel file
In order to import students and guardians to the system, the xls file must have one row per pupil, with information about guardians and class. Click here to download template excel file.
New school students (typically 1st class) can then be imported from xls file.
Under Settings / Classes, Pupils and Teachers, you find the import function (1)
Select file to be imported (2) and press Open (3)
Note: List all classes / pupils in the same Excel sheet.
The next step is to choose which data is in the individual columns. Check the box that corresponds to the data in the current column as shown below.
Click on "Videre" and you see what changes the system makes:
If the data displayed are correct, press Next. If there are errors in the mapping, press Back and correct.
The next page shows the changes that the system will make:
- "New subgroups" means new classes
- "New students" means new students
- "Assign students to class" means adding students to the class
- "New guardian" means new guardian
- "Add guardian to student" means adding guardian to the student
- "Delete students" means deleting students (and guardians) who are not in the file
Press Save and the changes have been completed.